Setting up email requires you to complete two steps:
If you follow this guide, bear in mind that:
- All emails sent to that email address will be received by Plain (not your email provider’s inbox)
- You can only use one domain per Plain workspace but can use multiple emails for the same domain.
If you need to receive a copy of each email sent to the support email address (for instance, to keep a copy in your company’s email inbox), there are ways to achieve this. Please get in touch with us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help.
What you will need
- Your Plain workspace’s inbound email address (which ends with
@inbound.postmark.app). We will provide this during the email setup process.
- Admin access to your domain’s DNS settings.
- Admin access to your company’s email provider.
- If you use Google for email, you will need admin access to the Google Workspace Admin console.
What makes a good support email address?
The only requirement is that your support email address uses your company’s domain. Email addresses using
@hotmail.com or any other public email provider are not supported.
We recommend you choose an email address that is easy to remember and clear that it represents a company. Good
examples could be
hello@. Generally, we’d advise against a personal one
peter@ but they might also be fine, depending on your needs.