Setting up email
Setting up email requires you to complete two steps:
If you follow this guide, bear in mind that:
- All emails sent to that email address will be received by Plain (not your email provider's inbox)
- You can only configure one support email address per Plain workspace
If you need to receive a copy of each email sent to the support email address (for instance, to keep a copy in your company's email inbox), there are ways to achieve this. Please get in touch with us by email at email@example.com, and we will be happy to help.
- Your support email address. See what makes a good support email address? below.
- Your Plain workspace's inbound email address (which ends with
@inbound.postmark.app). We will provide this during the email setup process.
- Admin access to your domain's DNS settings.
- Admin access to your company's email provider.
- If you use Google for email, you will need admin access to the Google Workspace Admin console.
The only requirement is that your support email address uses your company's domain. Email addresses using
@hotmail.com or any other public email provider are not supported.
We recommend you choose an email address that is easy to remember and clear that it represents a company. Good
examples could be
hello@. Generally, we'd advise against a personal one
peter@ but they might also be fine, depending on your needs.