Events are a powerful API feature of Plain that allows you to log key events to Plain, providing more context while you are helping a customer.
When you create an event in Plain, you can specify the content of the event using a simple GraphQL request and our UI Components.
When a customer gets in touch, you will see the events you created on the thread’s timeline, along with all other messages and activity.
Some examples of use-cases for events include:
- Keeping track of key account activity, such as upgrading plans, inviting team members, or changing sensitive settings in your product.
- Logging errors or potential issues that your customers encounter (e.g., someone experiences an unexpected error while using your product).
- Logging key events in your own systems, such as changes to feature flags or releases.
- Logging key events in your own systems, such as changing feature flags or releases.
- Logging key events in your own systems such as the changing of feature flags or releases.